“What’s my home worth?” is the most frequently asked question in real estate.
The answer is as unique as your home.
To properly price your home, your Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Coccia Realty representative will prepare a market study of your home comparing your home’s features to other properties within your market area and make adjustments that may affect its value where needed for reasons such as:
• Size, location & amenities as compared to comparable homes in the area.
• Proximity to transportation or lifestyle resources.
• The overall condition of your home.
• The condition & efficiency of the heating & cooling systems.
• The quality of finishes, amenities and improvements.
• Room size & room count.
• Storage space including, closets, attics, basement & garage space.
• General appeal — staging and decorating. Will the house show well in photos and in person?
After thoroughly assessing the features of your home, we fit that into the landscape of the local housing market with a Market Study, or Comparative Marketing Analysis (CMA). utilizing comparable properties and reviewing the following data in our consideration of price:
• Active homes – your competition. We evaluate the property, the listing & marketing details, general appeal, as well as the days on market and pricing strategy (or lack thereof) of homes that are comparable to yours in terms of size & location and factor in any qualities that either add or detract to their appeal.
• Under Contract – in most cases we can not obtain the contract sales price until the home has closed, but we do evaluate homes that are under contract or “pending,” because it gives us insight as to the mood of the local market. We give thought to the factors that may have contributed to a pending home’s status. What made this home stand out against the competition?
• Recent Sales – In addition to the sales price & property features, we evaluate the actual days on market, the pricing strategy and ratio of sales price to the listing price as well as the marketing & accessibility of the home.
• Expired & Withdrawn Listings – Many people overlook the importance of evaluating what didn’t work. To ensure the most comprehensive CMA and pricing strategy, we research homes that, for whatever reason, had not been successful. We learn from others’ mistakes and we can help you get the best possible price for your home in the least amount of time.